Rishi PatelCEO I Chief Creative Officer
Named one of the top Wedding and Event Designers in the world by Harper’s Bazaar, VOGUE, Brides and Martha Stewart Weddings, along with being recognized as Top 40 under 40, Rishi remains one of the most highly coveted event designers among discerning clientele and notable figures alike. An advocate for fully transformative design, he specializes in celebrations of all kinds – all while adhering to the firm belief that service and guest experience are the cornerstone to great events and the definition of true luxury. From galas, to weddings, to milestone celebrations, any event is in his wheelhouse.
An educational background in Finance and an MBA from Indiana University has afforded him the ability to lead the HMR team from a fiscal perspective – though it’s his artistic passion that allows him to design the fantastical events he is known for. As much of a creative visionary as an astute business leader, Rishi’s insistence on unconventionality has continuously transformed the landscape of event design while granting him the honor of designing events for some of the most notable figures, families and organizations in the world.
A loyal Chicago native and avid traveler, Rishi regularly seeks inspiration from whatever cultural landscape he can find himself in. The destination event and wedding world has allowed Rishi and the HMR team to embrace so many incredible regions and pockets of the world to create spectacular events. Regardless of the marvelous adventures in design that await him, Rishi will always consider himself an artist at heart.
- How do you spend your free time? With my family, I have a beautiful wife and two incredible children that I am enamored by.
- What's your favorite food? Without a shadow of a doubt, Pizza.
- What brings you joy? Creating amazing environments for guests to have the best times of their life. While the design isn't everything, it's a huge part of the experience and it's that experience which our clients will be remembering for the rest of their lives.
- What's your favorite thing about HMR? The diversity of talent. In every aspect of the company, we have profoundly talented people, which we consider to be family - and it shows in our work.
- What are some of the biggest rewards of the work that you do? We plan for months and months for that moment in time that takes our clients’ breath away. That feeling of accomplishment and the gratitude felt from each and every celebration we create is truly priceless.
- Behind Closed Doors: Concept to Creation
- The Inundation of Inspiration
- Love at First Light: The Importance of Wedding Lighting
- Fresh Takes on Conventional Wedding Concepts: Part 1
- Fresh Takes on Conventional Wedding Concepts: Part 2
- Celebrate Independence Day with Tips from HMR Designers
- Mitzvahlous: Putting the ‘Art’ in Party
Where do I even begin? From the moment my family met you, we knew you were the perfect person to pull our whole wedding vision together! Your creativity was immediately apparent with your beautiful sketches (already in my scrapbook)! When we started this whole process, we were looking for that WOW factor. You not only brought the wow, but you surpassed anything we could have imagined! You and your HMR Team were always available to answer our questions, calm our fears, and bring so much excitement to the planning process! Walker, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your team and cannot thank you enough for making a dream into reality!Lauren & Walker
Thank you for all your did to make this past year so very special for our family. Getting to know and work with you was most definitely a highlight of our past year! What a treat it was to see our dreams turned into a stunning reality!! You are truly a genius-plus you’re a gentleman as well! Sending you a giant hug and kiss and warmest wishes. May you be surrounded by people that appreciate and respect you and receive back as much joy as you clearly bring others! Looking forward to seeing you again soon-xoxoxoTerri
This is a difficult note to write. How do we properly thank the person who made our wedding look like a complete dream? To put things in perspective, I’ve been buying wedding magazines since I was 12; I’ve watched almost every single wedding/bride show on TV for the past 15 years. Nothing I’ve seen in print, TV, or online compares to the beauty you created for us on our wedding day. It was intimate, romantic, filled with gorgeous florals, and everyone was on cloud nine. It was, in a word, perfect. We find ourselves incredibly fortunate to have worked with someone who’s not only creative and energetic, but also undeniably gracious and kind. You are a gem. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.Jen & John