PAID SICK/PERSONAL TIME
ELIGIBLE FOR HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS, STD, LTD, LIFE INSURANCE, FSA AND 401K
REPORTS TO: CONTROLLER
DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
The Accounts Payable Clerk assists with the daily execution of the accounts payable processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving invoices and payment of invoices and communication with buyers. Assist with internal processes for expense reports and payroll processing.
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational & follow up skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and MAC computers.
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Ethical conduct and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Prepare financial reports and various accounting statements.
- Post journal entries to general ledger.
- Generate summary sheets to be used by Account Payable Supervisor or Controller.
- Prepare payroll reports and assist with the processing of payroll.
- Proof accounting reports for clerical accuracy.
- Allocate expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Any special projects, as necessary.
The above noted job responsibilities/requirements are not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather give a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.