SALARY PLUS COMMISSION
PAID VACATION & SICK/PERSONAL TIME DURING FIRST YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
ELIGIBLE FOR FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE: HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION, FSA, STD, LTD, LIFE INSURANCE, 401K, AND CELL PHONE REIMBURSEMENT
MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30AM – 5PM. EVENINGS & WEEKENDS, OFTEN AS NECESSARY
REPORTS TO: SALES PRODUCTION MANAGER, WORKING DIRECTLY WITH EVENT SALES DESIGNERS
DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
The Event Producer provides clerical, online and on-site support for the Event Sales staff for a variety of aspects for HMR Designs’ business. Responsible for heavy client contact, calendar/meeting coordination, proposal/contract/file maintenance and tracking of deadlines. Serve as liaison between HMR colleagues and the Event Sales staff for the communication of necessary event-related information.
- Pleasant, enthusiastic, confident and professional demeanor in interactions with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (written and verbal). High attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Punctual and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to multitask and give direction to HMR colleagues.
- Strong project management, time management, and organization skills. Track and meet deadlines.
- Customer service driven.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to moving business requirements.
- Proactive approach in anticipating and handling assignments and potential conflicts.
- Proficiency in the use of Google Drive, E-Mail, Internet searches, and Adobe Illustrator. Social Tables a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize HMR Direct (HMR’s proprietary event management software system)
- Stylish business casual dress & excellent personal grooming required daily.
- Relevant experience in event/design/floral/fashion industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide proactive support to Event Sales staff in all aspects of the business.
- Use the HMR Direct system to:
- Create proposals & Creatives (event blueprints), providing specs and pricing.
- Check inventory.
- Proactively monitor the Event Sales Process timelines/deadlines to ensure all are met. Update Event Tracker to reflect completion dates.
- Monitor custom projects to ensure that:
- Department Managers provide pricing in Direct.
- Materials are ordered through the proper department.
- Production meets deadlines.
- Attend and participate in a weekly Production meeting. Provide HMR colleague’s necessary details on events.
- Attend client meetings and mock-ups, as necessary, with Event Sales staff, taking careful notes detailing meeting content. Collaborate with Event Sales, Floral Designers, Woodshop, and Art & Fabric Departments to formulate concepts and ideas.
- Conduct venue site surveys (of the dock, loading area, service entrance, elevator, stairway, doorways, event rooms, storage area, etc.) to prepare for the safe and successful installation/dismantle of proposed décor items.
- Source and manage event rental items through subcontractors. Furnish Accounting department with required contracts and invoices in a timely manner.
- Distribute Creatives and any revisions to required staff. Produce well organized ‘Day of Event’ folders.
- Confirm event timelines with clients and/or planners. Liaison with Logistics, Dispatch and Installation crews to ensure that event details are clearly communicated and that timelines are well understood.
- Maintain consistent, close communications with Management to identify potential event issues focused on a swift and logical resolution.
- Manage flawless execution of all elements on-site as Event Sales Lead or assist Event Sales staff to include:
- Organize HMR staff, give directives and make certain that timelines are met.
- Arrange for HMR staff breaks/lunch, inclusive of providing for staff meals, as needed.
- Ensure that all client initiatives and requirements are achieved.
- Liaison with the venue, subcontractors and/or planner staff.
- Troubleshoot any issues, providing reasonable resolutions.
- Create inspiration boards and floor plans.
- Utilize the company’s Google calendar to reflect up to date information on the schedule for self and the Event Sales staff.
- Prepare conference rooms for client visits. Arrange for any food or beverage service, above the customary offerings. Arrange for props/linens to be ready for meetings and returned to proper storage areas after meetings.
- Check that all mockup elements and event pieces are properly constructed, each meeting the HMR Design standard.
- Assist the Event Sales staff to plan, install and attend HMR promotional events.
- Create correspondence, lists, reports and other documents, as necessary.
- Handle small or last-minute orders with clients directly.
- Formulate ideas to streamline processes and procedures, utilizing a creative and forward-thinking approach.
- Provide coverage in the reception area during lunch/breaks, as necessary.
- Special projects, as needed.
The above-noted job responsibilities/requirements are not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather give the Event Producer a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.