FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
SALARY PLUS COMMISSION
PAID VACATION & SICK/PERSONAL TIME DURING FIRST YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
ELIGIBLE FOR HEALTH/DENTAL/VISION BENEFITS, FSA, STD, LTD, LIFE INSURANCE, 401K & CELL PHONE REIMBURSEMENT
MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30AM – 5PM. EVENINGS & WEEKENDS, AS NECESSARY
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF SALES PRODUCTION
DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
The Event Sales Designer is an integral part of HMR Designs’ brand representation – exhibiting confidence in their expertise for flawless execution of luxury events to consistently exceed their client’s vision and expectations. The Event Sales Designer is highly visible and responsible for cultivating new business opportunities and for maintaining their current client base to increase profitable sales growth for the company. Driven by high standards for client service and accountable for their crucial role in the Sales Process, the Event Sales Designer collaborates closely with HMR colleagues and creative partners for the timely communication of detailed event-related information.
- Pleasant, enthusiastic, confident and professional demeanor in interactions with clients and colleagues.
- Possess strategic selling ability and sound contract negotiation skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (written and verbal). High attention to detail.
- Punctual and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to multitask and give direction to HMR colleagues.
- Strong project management, time management, and organization skills. Able to track and meet deadlines.
- Customer service driven.
- Flexible and able to adapt and respond to moving business requirements.
- Proactive approach in anticipating and handling assignments and potential conflicts.
- High level of hands on, floral design experience, knowledge of the floral industry styles/trends and floral acumen.
- Proficiency in MAC, Google Drive, Illustrator, E-Mail and Internet usage.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize Direct (HMR’s proprietary event management software system)
- Stylish business casual dress & excellent personal grooming required daily.
- Relevant experience in event/interior design/floral/fashion industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Produce unique and profitable floral and event designs for weddings, corporate and social events.
- Use the Direct system to:
- Create proposals & Creatives (event blueprints), providing comprehensive information on products, services, and pricing.
- Check inventory for available merchandise.
- Monitor staff assigned to events.
- Adhere to the Event Sales Process timelines/deadlines to ensure all are met. Update any systems used to monitor sales progress.
- Provide necessary specifications and monitor custom projects to ensure that:
- Department Managers provide pricing in Direct.
- Materials are ordered through the proper department.
- Production meets deadlines.
- Projects stay within the client’s budget.
- Attend and participate in a weekly Production meeting. Provide HMR colleague’s necessary details on events.
- Lead client meetings and mock-ups, carefully assessing needs and budget. Research and develop concepts to exceed the client’s expectations. Collaborate with Event Producers, Floral Designers, Shop, Warehouse, and Art Department to formulate innovative concepts and ideas.
- Design floral pieces as ‘models’ for production staff to copy for mockup and event production.
- Arrange for venue site surveys (of the dock, loading area, service entrance, elevator, stairway, doorways, event rooms, storage area, etc.) to prepare for the safe and successful installation/dismantle of the proposed event décor items.
- Provide information to source event rental items through subcontractors and manage their contracts. Furnish Accounting department with required contracts and invoices in a timely manner.
- Arrange for the confirmation of event details and timelines with clients and/or planners. Liaison with Logistics, Dispatch and Installation/Dismantle crews to ensure that event details are clearly communicated and that timelines are well understood.
- Maintain consistent, close communications with Management to identify potential event issues focused on a swift and logical resolution.
- Manage the flawless execution of all event elements on-site to include:
- Organize HMR staff, give directives and make certain that timelines are met.
- Arrange for HMR staff breaks/lunch, inclusive of providing for staff meals, as needed.
- Ensure that all client initiatives and requirements are surpassed.
- Liaison with the venue, subcontractors and/or planner staff.
- Troubleshoot any issues, providing reasonable resolutions.
- Consistently increase job knowledge by maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Identify trendsetting concepts by researching industry and related events and publications.
- Maintain a constant stream of new sales leads and contacts. Participate in cold calling and other lead/revenue-generating activities on an ongoing basis.
- Provide details so staff can create inspiration boards and floor plans.
- Utilize the company’s Google calendar to reflect up to date information on one’s schedule.
- Communicate special needs/details, in advance, for client visits & meetings such as linens, props, lighting, furniture, food & beverage, etc..
- Oversee all Mockup elements and event pieces are properly constructed, each meeting the HMR Design standard.
- Assist the Event Sales staff to plan, install and attend HMR promotional events.
- Keep client and prospect databases current.
- Create correspondence, lists, reports and other documents, as necessary.
- Formulate ideas to streamline processes and procedures, utilizing a creative and forward-thinking approach.
- Special projects, as needed.
The above-noted job responsibilities/requirements are not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather give the Event Sales Designer a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.