- TEMPORARY, PART-TIME (JUNE – AUGUST)
- MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30AM – 5PM AT THE HMR FACILITY. EVENINGS & WEEKENDS, AS NECESSARY
- NO PAID TIME OFF OR BENEFITS
- REPORTS TO: SALES PRODUCTION MANAGER, WORKING DIRECTLY WITH EVENT SALES AND EVENT PRODUCERS
- DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
The Event Sales Production Assistant provides clerical, on-line and on-site support for the Event Sales & Event Producer staff for a variety of aspects for HMR Designs’ business. Responsible for heavy data entry, clerical duties, calendar/meeting coordination, proposal/contract/file maintenance and some client/prospect contact.
- Pleasant, enthusiastic, confident and professional demeanor in interactions with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (written and verbal).
- High attention to detail and good proofreading skills.
- Punctual and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to multitask and take direction from multiple colleagues.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to moving business requirements.
- Proficiency in MAC applications, Google Drive & Calendar, E-Mail, and Internet usage.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, including Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize HMR Direct (HMR’s proprietary event management software system).
- Stylish business casual dress & excellent personal grooming required daily.
- Relevant experience or studies in event/interior design/floral/fashion industries.
- Provide clerical support to Event Sales and Event Producer staff in any aspect of the business.
- Use the HMR Direct system to:
- Create (from initial intake information) and modify proposals & Creatives (event blueprints).
- Check inventory.
- Assist the Inventory Control Specialist with special projects.
- Distribute hard copy Creatives and any revisions to required staff.
- Produce well organized ‘Day of Event’ folders.
- Take detailed decor photos at client mock-ups presentations. Schedule professional photographers for events.
- Utilize the company’s Google calendar to input and modify entries for the Event Sales & Event Producer staff.
- Create correspondence, lists, reports and other documents, as necessary.
- Source and manage event rental items through subcontractors. Furnish Accounting department with required contracts and invoices in a timely manner.
- Research and/or arrange travel and lodging for staff for destination events.
- Create and modify inspiration boards and floor plans.
- Prepare conference rooms for client visits. Arrange for any food or beverage service, above the customary offerings. Arrange for props/linens to be ready for meetings and returned to proper storage areas after meetings.
- Schedule meetings with production staff and vendors.
- Provide daily coverage in the reception area during lunch/breaks.
- Assist in event installations, as necessary.
- Special projects, as necessary.
The above-noted job responsibilities/requirements are not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather give the Event Sales Production Assistant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.