- Full Time
- Paid Vacation & Sick/Personal Time During First Year of Employment
- Eligible for Health/Dental/Vision Benefits, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance & 401K
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Evenings & Weekends, as necessary
- Reports to Art Production Manager
- Direct Reports: None
The Graphic Designer produces art and copy layouts for event production to increase sales and profitability for HMR Designs. The Graphic Designer works with members of the Art, Marketing and Sales departments and others to ensure continuity of the company’s brand in the elements produced.
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional demeanor in interactions and communications with clients and colleagues.
- Advanced graphic technology skills and internet/computer proficiency.
- Produces work in a organized, timely, thoroughal and accurate manner. Flexible when edits or changes are required.
- Able to collaborate with all Department Managers and colleagues to successfully facilitate the position responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable in the graphic design industry trends, technology and requirements.
- For each project, assess its scope for and/or execute:
- Time requirement
- Skill level
- Pricing in HMR Direct
- Graphic design in 2D and 3D of floor plans, renderings, logos, etc. Determine size and arrangement of illustrative
- materials and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layout based on available space, aesthetic design concept and
- Prepare graphics for pre-press and production.
- Print and laminate production, in preparation for use by art department production staff
- Develop sub-contractors specific requirements for projects.
- Catalog and file all materials in a logical and easily accessible manner on the shared drive; ensure all files are continuously up to date.
- Paint, foam core work and/or assembly work for art projects, as necessary.
- Repair and/or calibrate art department equipment, as necessary.
- Attend the weekly art department meeting. Contribute to agenda, as necessary.
- Assist with art intensive installations, as necessary.
- Provide training on graphic software to HMR employees, as necessary.
- Provide collaboration on annual reviews, as necessary.
The above noted job responsibilities/requirements are not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather give the Event Sales Designer a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.