Bill’s entrance into the world of flowers coincided with the introduction of massive numbers of new floral varieties from the Netherlands, which he spread throughout Chicagoland with great enthusiasm. This passion led him to event design, where he found tremendous success transforming the landscape of civic and charitable events. His work evolved with a focus on spatial design and transformative experiences, and continued to dominate Chicago’s celebration scene. Known for impeccable taste and execution, Bill is trusted and called upon by the city’s eminent party givers. His talent and imagination know no bounds, and his events have been experienced from the mountains of Idaho to the shores of Palm Beach, from the bustle of New York and London to the rolling hills of Ireland, ever introducing the next in extraordinary design.
If you weren’t designing events, what would you be doing?I would have a flower farm.
What are your favorite activities / things outside of the HMR Designs doors?Beaches, food, cocktails, travel and my dog.
How do you want to be remembered?As the best of my time.
- Freedom & Independence in Design
- “Modernism at its Most Elemental: The 2015 MCA Art Auction”
- Nice Wheels: Colossal Decor for a Fabulous Gala at the Field Museum
- The Striking Celebration that Welcomed the Modern Wing
- An Inspired Gala Introduces Millennium Park
- Mitzvahlous: Putting the ‘Art’ in Party
- BizBash Spring 2017: Top 40 Event Designers in North America
- BizBash Event Style Awards: Best Nonprofit Event Concept 2016
- Chicago Magazine Tastemakers: Bill Heffernan
- CS Modern Luxury Brides
- Crain’s Chicago Business
- Social Life Chicago
BILL’S RECENT WORK
“If heaven were here on Earth, I would want you to be its designer.”
“You never disappoint and always exceed expectations!”
“What you and your events do for our museum is immeasurable. You talent inspires all of us.”