Bill HeffernanCreative Director
Bill’s entrance into the world of flowers coincided with the local introduction of a massive number of new floral varieties from the Netherlands, which he enthusiastically spread throughout Chicagoland. This botanical passion led him to event design, where he found tremendous success transforming the landscape of civic and charitable events. His work evolved with a focus on spatial design and immersive experiences, and continued to dominate Chicago’s celebration scene. Known for impeccable taste and execution, Bill is trusted and called upon by the city’s eminent party givers. His talent and imagination know no bounds, and his events have been experienced from the mountains of Idaho to the shores of Palm Beach, from the bustle of New York and London to the rolling hills of Ireland, ever introducing the next in extraordinary design.
- If you weren’t designing events, what would you be doing? I would have a flower farm.
- What are your favorite activities / things outside of the HMR Designs doors? Beaches, food, cocktails, travel and my dog.
- How do you want to be remembered? As the best of my time.
- BizBash: Top 1000 People in the U.S. Event Industry 2019
- Chicago Tribune: Julianna Zobrist, Chance the Rapper attend MCA ArtEdge gala honoring Virgil Abloh
- BizBash: MCA ArtEdge Gala Honors Virgil Abloh
- Chicago Classic Magazine: Art Institute of Chicago Masterpiece 2019
- The Celebration Society: History Reimagined
“You never disappoint and always exceed expectations!”
“What you and your events do for our museum is immeasurable. You talent inspires all of us.”